What are the Configuration Steps for the Webroot Endpoint Protection?
Webroot antivirus is the amazing software which gives world’s best security to your device from emerging threat and can install via webroot.com/safe. In this blog, you will read the configuration steps for Endpoint Protection.
Configuration Steps for Endpoint Protection:
- For this, first you have to create an account by using your keycode. The user received the keycode in an email from Webroot.
- After this, you should log in to the Management Portal and then open the Setup Wizard. Then in the wizard, you should choose a default policy for Webroot installations on endpoints. Here, the policy explains the Webroot settings, like Webroot scans for threats and it manages the detected items. Keep in mind that the endpoint can be any Windows corporate workstation like PC, laptop, server or virtual server.
When the user chooses a policy, then a Welcome window appears on your screen and gives you the information of deploy SecureAnywhere to endpoints.
- Now, you have to edit your account settings for the Management Portal like your contact number and also a time zone where you are situated. The user should also create logins for other administrators so that they can access the Management Portal.
- At this point, you should deploy the SecureAnywhere software to the endpoints.
- Here, you should check if the default policy is enough for your business needs. Remember, the user cannot change the Webroot default policies. But if it is required, you should add new policies with different settings. Here, you should also create overrides for some files which are legitimate applications.
- Next, you should check if you want to create separate groups of endpoints for different management purposes. Keep in mind when the user deploys SecureAnywhere to your endpoints, then Endpoint Protection keeps them all in one Default group. If it is required then you should create new groups and just assign them to new policies.
- At the end, you should customize alert messages which will sent to a distribution list where it explains about infection or if Webroot is installed on new endpoints.
Method To Enter Proxy Information in the Installer:
First, you should download the SecureAnywhere MSI installer to a network share.
After this, you should use an msi editor.
Then, in the Property table, you should enter the subscription keycode in the GUILIC property and put the proxy credentials on the CMDLINE property by using the commands:
-proxyhost=X -proxyport=X -proxyuser=X -proxypass=X -proxyauth=#
It is recommended you should always use all parameters and just blank out the value which you do not require with double quotes.
proxyauth # being: 0 = Any authentication 1 = Basic 2 = Digest 3 = Negotiate 4 = NTLM
The user can also apply with an executable install:
C:\wsasme.exe /key=xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx /silent -proxyhost=nn.nn.nn.nn -proxyauth=n -proxyuser=”proxyuser” -proxypass=”password” -proxyport=port_number
For more details about Endpoint Protection, go to the site of Webroot via www.webroot.com/safe.