Manage File Detection and Use Antimalware Tool in Webroot.com/safe
Webroot antivirus provides advanced tools for the security of your device and valuable data. And it quickly identifies and blocks the threat and warns you by giving notification. The user can install Webroot security product via Webroot.com/safe. In this blog, you will read the method to manage file detection and use antimalware tool.
Method to Manage File Detection and Use Antimalware Tool in Webroot: Www.Webroot.com/safe
Manage File Detection:
If the user wants more control over scans and shielding, if Webroot faces a specific executable file, then they can use Detection Configuration and choose one of the following actions:
Allow: If the users wants to ignore the file during scans and shielding.
Block: If the user wants to stop a file from executing or being written to your computer.
Monitor: If the user wants to monitor the program is legitimate or it is related to malware.
Keep in mind, Detection configuration will override to Webroot default scanning and shielding behavior.
If the user wants to use Detection Configuration, then you should open the main interface. After this, you should click on PC Security and then click on the Quarantine tab. Here under Detection Configuration, you should click on the Configure button. Now, the Detection Configuration panel opens up on your device. At this point, you can add executable files to this list. And if you want to add files, then click on the Add File button. Remember, you can drag and drop a file from Explorer. And the file name displays in the Threat column. In the right column, you should select the radio button Allow, Block, or Monitor. If in case, the user wants to clear the list, then you should click on the Remove all button.
Use Antimalware Tools:
Webroot antivirus gives you tools for manually removing threats and also for performing actions linked with threat removal. But keep in mind, the user can use these tools if they are an advanced user of Webroot. With these tools, you can target a file for scanning and removing its associate registry links, you can launch a removal script with the help of Webroot Support, reboot after removing a threat and also reset your wallpaper, screensavers and system policies.
To access these tools, you should open the main interface. After this, you should click on PC Security and then click on Quarantine tab. Now under Antimalware Tools, you should click on View Tools button. Here, the Antimalware Tools panel opens up on your screen.
Antimalware tools are as follows:
- Reset desktop wallpaper: If in case, your computer was infected with malware which changed your wallpaper, then click on the checkbox and then click on Run Tools.
- Reset screensaver: If in case, your computer was infected with malware which changed your screensaver, then click on the checkbox and then click on Run Tools.
- Reset System Policies: If the user wants to changed their system policies, then click on the checkbox and then click on Run Tools.
- Reboot in Safe Mode: If Webroot wants you to reboot your computer in Safe Mode, then click on the checkbox and then click Run Tools.
- Perform an immediate system reboot: For reboot your computer system after threat removal, you should click on the checkbox and then click on Run Tools.
- Manual Threat Removal: If the user want to scan a specific file for threats, then click on Select a file. Then in the Windows Explorer dialog, you should select a file and then click on Save. Here, Webroot will launch a scan. And when it’s complete, you should reboot your system.
- Removal Script: When Webroot sends you a removal script, then you should save it to your computer. After this, click on Select Script just to launch the tool.
For support or assistance, user can contact Webroot support team via Webroot.com/safe.